Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fairmont Hotel Downtown Vancouver?

Has anyone stayed at the Fairmont Hotel in Downtown Vancouver (the Hotel Vancouver)? What is it like? Is it nice?Fairmont Hotel Downtown Vancouver?
I have stayed at the Hotel Vancouver. It isn't my usual first choice. However, my choices have to do with price and locations close to either work or my regular hangouts, and what I am now use to. I was at the Hotel Vancouver just last year. That time I was in a corner suite, so don't know if it is an average comparison. It was spacious and all the carpets and furniture were new. The bathroom was also remodeled. Not the same as staying there a few years back now when I found the bathroom substandard for the price I paid. It was small.





The hotel is grand inside and out. The lobby is huge, with vault ceilings. Location is good. Quick access to skytrain, and shopping at the mall or Robson street. Hockey arena and Football stadium just down the street.





Fairmont has really worked at a prestigious image. The best hotel I have been in for facilities (and in a way, location) is the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. It is right in the airport, so I use it when I just have an overnight layover in my flight itinerary. I am not suggesting this, unless you areone night in town. I am just pointing out that the best hotel I stayed at was a Fairmount.Fairmont Hotel Downtown Vancouver?
Yes, I have, a few years ago. The rooms are very nice. Hotel Vancouver is one of the higher end hotels in the city of Vancouver, and has one of the best reputations. It also has one of the best locations being downtown and near Granville Street and Robson Street where there are lots of restaurants, cafes, retail stores, etc.





Cheers,





Petra M, Vancouver
It is VERY nice with the price to match. There is also a Fairmont at the Airport. There are very nice Bed and Breakfasts in Vancouver too - great way to meet people and exchange activity ideas.
My sister in law works there and I';ve been a couple of times. It is a premier hotel and gorgeous. You'll love t. It's right in the heart of downtown Vancouver, and there are lots of staff who will help you find your way around. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment